Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Nature of the City: A Walking Contradiction


When i left the house this morning, I decided to bring my camera. I love taking pictures, especially of nature and city life. I thought I'd have a good opportunity to take some decent photos on my daily walk from Kenmore Square to Hynes Convention Center. What i like about this walk is that the area is very city, but there's a fair number of trees, and even a park in the center of all the city madness. Contradictions like this have always interested me. That's why I like Boston so much, it's such a city, but if you know where to go, you can find patches pure nature in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the big city. The best examples of this would be the Boston Common, the Boston Public Garden, the Arnold Arboretum and the Emerald Necklace, but there are smaller ones scattered around the city as well.

As you'll see in the photos, you can take the trees out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the trees.

Welcoming Boughs

Hole in the Middle of the Park

Sleepy Time

Prudential Beauty

Tree, Shrink-wrapped

Statuesque Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment